Our Team, our Knowledge, our Experience.
Whenever we talk about energynautics, we refer to our team – the core value of our company which makes it your reliable partner for projects in the field of renewable energies. We stand for competence, flexibility and fast direct access to industry experts.
energynautics GmbH was founded, among others, by Thomas Ackermann, Ph.D.
energynautics‘ achievements – similar to those of other successful companies – have been possible thanks to the knowledge, performance and commitment of the people working here. We add pioneering spirit and flexibility to that as well as a strong will to stand up to new challenges, to get involved in novel projects and to find innovative, sustainable solutions.
Everybody working for energynautics has solid expertise, long-standing experience and an extensive network of international contacts. This enables us to develop a wide variety of innovative solutions for our clients.
Sound Expert Knowledge & long standing Experience:
Meet our Team
and International Experience
- Combined Degree in Mechanical Engineering & Business Administration / TU Berlin
- Master of Science in Physics / University of Otago (New Zealand)
- Ph.D. / Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (Sweden) Thomas Ackermann Ph.D. is owner and CEO of energynautics. With over 16 years of world-wide experience, he is often asked to provide advice to government departments and electricity service providers on the matter of power system design and operation, as well as regulatory matters and grid code issues. He is active in the area of investigation and research into innovative energy solutions and dissemination of knowledge about the integration of renewable energies into existing systems around the world.
Strong Research Link
Our Expert for Renewable Energies
- Dipl.-Ing. in Electrical Engineering specialized on Energy Systems, Renewable Energies and Electrical Machines / Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
- Ph.D. on „Permanent Magnet Induction Generator for Wind Power Application” / Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany Eckehard Tröster Ph.D. is CEO and Senior Consultant at Energynautics and manages projects in all areas of grid integration of renewable and decentralized generation, dealing with issues on all voltage levels. His current main working area is related to the modeling of combined heat and power plants for certification purposes according to the German medium voltage directive. He therefore actively participates in numerous working groups related to the development of technical regulations for measurement, simulation, model validation and certification of renewable and decentralized power plants. Furthermore he has many contacts in the energy business and is a lecturer at the International Department of the Karlsruher Institute of Technology (KIT).
Simulation and Practice
Our Specialist für Modelling and Grid Codes
- Dipl.-Ing. in Energiesystemtechnik / Technische Universität Clausthal
- Ph.D. on „Virtual Power Plants with Micro-Cogeneration“ / Technische Universität Darmstadt
Nis Martensen Ph.D. is an expert with years of experience in the modelling and simulation of distribution networks and an accomplished researcher in matters of modelling and design of renewable energy systems and power system dynamics, with particular experience in small hybrid systems. Dr. Martensen is an expert user of the power system analysis software DIgSILENT PowerFactory.
- Jan-David Schmidt studied electrical engineering focusing on power systems at the Technical University of Darmstadt.
- Since July 2013, he is an employee at Energynautics. His focus is the development and validation of dynamic models.
- Jan-David Schmidt has extensive knowledge in the creation and validation of dynamic models, including wind power plants, PV systems, and internal combustion engines. As a result, he has ensured a successful certification for a variety of simulation models.
- He advises network operators and regulatory authorities on the application of planning principles for low and medium voltage grid to evaluate such networks.
- Based on his extensive knowledge of dynamic models, he carried out dynamic simulations for network studies in Central America.
- Peter-Philipp Schierhorn studied electrical engineering with a focus on power systems at the Technical University of Darmstadt.
- He has been employed at Energynautics since 2014. His work focuses on the integration of variable renewable energy into the transmission grid, development of the European Grid Model and modelling of generator unit commitment and dispatch.
- Mr. Schierhorn possesses considerable knowledge of the European transmission grid, its modeling and simulation. This includes expertise on generator dispatch and re-dispatch, cross-border energy trades, flow based market coupling and their impact on grid operation and expansion.
- He was also responsible for modelling and simulation of grids and power plant dispatch during the grid integration projects in Costa Rica, Honduras and Guatemala. He developed an ENAplan power system model of the Costa Rican system including storage optimization and a security constrained optimal power flow tool.
- Mr. Schierhorn possesses considerable expertise on German and international grid codes and regulatory frameworks. He was one of the contributing authors of an IRENA study on grid codes and renewable energy in developing countries.
- Daniel Masendorf studied Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at TU Darmstadt. During his studies he specialized on electrical power engineering with the focus on energy conversion and electrical power systems.
- He is employed at Energynautics since May 2016. One of his focuses is on simulation model development of different power plants.
- Daniel Masendorf is experienced in the field of model development of combustion engines to proof FRT ability. Those models are validated according to Technical Guidelines 4 from the German institute FGW. Additionally, he developed simulation models from other kinds of power plants, for example wind turbines, and power grids.
- Besides of model development, he is engaged in measurements in grids with power quality analysers (PQAs) and phasor measurement units (PMUs) and the associated evaluation of data.
- Sabrina Hempel studied Physics with minor subject Computer Science at the Goethe-University Frankfurt. During her master studies, she focused on renewable energies and energy systems.
- She is employed by Energynautics since January 2017. Her main area of expertise lies in the development and implementation of smart control concepts for photovoltaic storage systems. This includes, amongst others, the implementation of an intelligent and self-learning control algorithm in order to maintain voltage stability. The voltage regulation tool allows an integration of many decentralized generation plants into the distribution grid.
- Furthermore Sabrina Hempel has experience in simulating storage systems, for example for determining the optimal sizing of a battery. This often comprises the development of an individual charging concept ensuring the optimal usage of the storage.
- Leonard Hülsmann received his Bachelor in renewable energy engineering from the University of Stuttgart and a M.Sc. double degree from the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) for completing the Master program ‘Energy for Smart Cities’ at the KU Leuven, Belgium, and KTH Stockholm, Sweden.
- Employed since January 2017, his core areas at Energynautics are Smart Grids and voltage control in distribution grids.
- He demonstrates his knowledge and experience in projects about the modelling and validation of distribution grids, in which various Smart Grid technologies and voltage control concepts are implemented, e.g. innovative technologies like on-load tap changers and batteries or using reactive power control by renewable energy plants.
- Pablo Gambín Belinchón studied Industrial Engineering with minor subject Electrical Engineering at the University of Seville. During his studies, he focused in Power Systems and Renewable Energies.
- He is experienced in the development of techno-economical software such as Unit Commitment and Planning Investments tools. Additionally, Pablo has been engaged in projects on the impact of electromobility in the grid and on the economics battery energy storage systems.
- Employed by Energynautics since February 2018, his core areas are Smart Grids and Power Systems planning.
Marketing, Events & Administration:
- Uta Betancourt has a degree in English and Spanish as Dipl.-Linguist.
- At Energynautics she is responsible for coordinating the events as well as for the communications with speakers and event partners and for compiling the workshop’s proceedings.
- Ines Drewianka received a degree in Media and Information Engineering and Design with focus on Media Marketing and Management.
- At Energynautics she is responsible for the organisation of the workshops as well as for graphic design and all company websites.
- Anke Ost owns a degree in Business Administration and Political Science.
- At Energynautics she supports the CEOs in marketing. In organizing events she is responsible for hotel cooperations, sponsors as well as external event partners.
- Katharina Fischer has a degree as an Event Coordinator.
- She is jointly responsible for the organization of the workshops with focus on hotel cooperations and sponsoring.
- Petra Brandl received a degree in pharmacy and later on in office management.
- At Energynautics she is responsible for administration and accountancy.